Nowadays software applications are being used everywhere. Means in hospitals, in shops, in traffic and also in business. In such a situation, if software testing is not processed, then it can prove to be very dangerous because it can lead to security issues, loss of money and cases like death in the health sector. That is, by launching or delivering the application without testing it to the users. Many small and big problems may have to be faced.
So does this mean software testing is an important task? Yes, of course, the reason for giving so much importance to software testing is that if there are any bugs or errors in the software, they can be identified quickly and solved before the delivery of the software product because properly tested software, product Ensuring reliability, safety and high performance, it reduces time taken, costs less and increases customer satisfaction significantly.
How to check software testing?
Software testing is the method of checking whether the actual software product is matching the expected requirements or not and whether the software product is defect free or not, its basic goal is. Eliminating the bucks in the software and enhancing its aspects like performance, user experience, security and software testing done in this way can improve the overall quality of the software, which leads to great customer satisfaction.
By the way do you know what a software tester does?
The software tester understands the requirements documents, creates test cases, executes them, reporting and re-testing the boxes, attends review meetings, and participates in other team building activities. Now if you also have interest in the field of software testing, then it will be beneficial to understand this software testing properly. Let’s talk about it in detail. Software testing can be divided into two steps.
Verification and Validation Difference
Verification and Validation Verification refers to a set of tasks that ensure that the software is correctly implementing a specific function and validation refers to a different set of tasks that ensure that the software that has been created It is traceable to customer requirements. That is, if verification tells whether we are making the product correctly, then validation would mean whether we are making the right product. I hope you have understood this difference.
types of software testing
Now let’s talk about the types of software testing, which are often divided into two ways.
1. Its two types are considered manual and automation testing and 2. Functional non functional and maintenance testing are also considered as its two types. Let’s know about these two.
1. Know about manual and automation testing types. Manual testing involves performing software testing manually i.e. without any automated pool. To do testing Its stages include unit testing, integration testing, system testing and user acceptance testing, and automation testing, also known as test automation. In that tester writes scripts and tests the product using other software and now let’s talk
2. Types of Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing and Maintenance Testing First of all talk about
1. functional testing: testing of functional aspect of software application comes in it. When you are doing functional test then you have to test each and every functionality and see whether you are getting the results or not. There are many types of functional testing, such as unit testing, integration testing, one way to interesting, smoke testing, sanity testing, regression testing, acceptance testing, white box testing, black box testing and interface testing. These functional tests are performed manually and with automation tools.
Some of the tools that can be used in functional testing are micro focus. UFT Selenium JUnit Soap UI watir ex.
Let’s talk about
2. non functional testing: This is the testing of non-functional aspects of an application such as performance, reliability, usability, security, etcetera. These tests are performed after the functional tests. Software quality can be improved a lot through this type of testing.
These tests are not run manually but are executed through tools. There are many types of non functional testing as well. As if
Performance Testing, Security Testing, Load Testing, Fail Over Testing, Compatibility Testing, Usability Testing, Scalability Testing, Volume Testing, Stress Testing, Mentality Testing, Compliance Testing, Efficiency Testing, Reliability Testing, Endurance Testing, Disaster Recovery Testing, Localization Testing and Internationalization Testing ex. And
Now it comes in the third type.
3. Maintenance Testing: Before the release of the software, its testing is done, but even after its release, its testing is necessary and its testing after the release of the software is called maintenance testing. There are two types of this. Which is formation testing, which involves testing of modified functionality, and regression testing, which involves testing of existing functionality.
Now after these types, let us tell you that there are many types of software testing, that is, there are more than 100 types of testing, which are not possible to explain.
That’s why we get to know about the,
10 most common testing.
1.Unit Testing: is the number one level of the software testing process in which individual units and components of the software or system are tested. Its purpose is to confirm that each unit of the software is performing according to design.
2. integration testing: This is the level of the software testing process in which individual units are combined and tested as a group. Its purpose is to expose the faults in the interaction of the integrated units.
3. system testing: In this level of software testing process, a complete integrated system or software test is done. The purpose of this test is to evaluate system compliance with specified requirements.
4. Acceptance Testing: This is the level of the software testing process where the system is tested for acceptance ability. Its purpose is to evaluate system compliance with business requirements and to estimate whether it is acceptable for delivery.
5. end to end testing: this is functional testing of the entire software system and when you test the complete software system, such testing is called end to end testing.
6. User Interface Testing: This testing involves testing of the user interface of the application and its purpose is to check whether the user interface has been developed according to the requirement specification document or not.
7. Alpha Testing: This testing detects errors and issues in the entire software. This test occurs on the last page of app development and is performed prior to product launch or delivery to the client to ensure that the user or client receives an error free software application.
8. Beta testing: Beta testing is done after alpha testing and this too happens before the product launch. This is done in the real user environment, in which there are some real customers or users.
So that it can be confirmed that the software is completely error free and is functioning modally. Based on the feedback of the users, some changes are made in the software to make it better.
9. Black Box Testing: This is such a testing strategy in which focusing on the output is done by ignoring the internal mechanism of the system. This is in concert with the validation of the test and output, not how the output was produced. For this, the knowledge of programming or internal structure and working is not necessary for the tester. This is mainly applicable in higher level testing.
10. White box testing: This type of testing requires a good understanding of the application code and the internal logic of the app. This includes inspecting and verifying the inner workings of software systems, including integration with court infrastructure and external systems.
Talking about the steps of:
software testing process
- Test Requirements Gathering
- Test plan analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation Execution
- Defect reporting and tracking
- Test Closure
So friends, now you know what is software testing?
Why is it so important?
What are the benefits of this and
There are so many types of this. In such a situation, we hope that you have understood a lot about software testing, which will be very helpful for you. By the way, by writing in the comment box, you will definitely tell how you liked this information.
And if you have any further questions for which you want an answer, please send your question to us by writing.